Body of Work Masterclass
6 Weeks Online
With Michelle Loukidis and Michelle Harris
This 6 week course is offered to 12 selected artists to help define their voice in contemporary narrative photography. Michelle Loukidis and Michelle Harris have mentored artists, like Musa Nxumalo, Phumzile Khanyile, Thembinkosi Hlatshwayo, Matt Kay, and Ugo Woatzi.
1. Gain insight into how to develop an existing idea/concept for a body of work
2. Establish a direction for progression of the work
3. Build thought and criticality into your work
4. Explore new ways of extending your narrative
Participants will receive:
1. Individual reviews on your work with dedicated assignments to help expand your concepts
2. Guidance through online lectures, in depth reviews and guided practice
3. Insightful critique sessions
Programme and Outcomes:
What is a body of work?
Basic research techniques
Sequencing of images to create a narrative
Editing of a long term project
Matching form and content in a project
Exploring the possibilities of presentation and physical outcome
Times: 11 am to 2pm Saturdays
Dates: 6 weeks part time from 3 October to 14 November
Cost: R5500 (early bird applications discount R5000 until end August )
Submission Requirements : Please note this is a selection process 12 participants accepted
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
15 images max, 1500 pixels width max, 72 dpi
A description of your photographic background and your interests in doing the course.
We will review the application and send you a registration letter.